Thursday, August 6, 2009

In the interests of allowing you to decide whether or not you will find by blog/twitter interesting or informative I will start with a bit of info on my motivation for setting this information loose into Cyberspace..

I’m interested in food.

I’m not an expert on the topic, I don’t work in the food industry. I’m not associated with anyone who does. I love to cook, I mostly do ok but I’m not entering Masterchef anytime soon. I have spent a lot of time seeking out new and interesting ingredients, trying new styles of dishes, and generally poking around in shops and markets. I figure there may be some people out who would be interested in what I find. Please also be aware that I am most definitely interested in what other people find!

Why organic?

I’m not an eco crusader - but I appreciate the value of ethical farming practices & humane treatment of animals.

I’m not a health nut – but I believe you should know what is in the food you eat. And you should know something about how it was produced.

I’m not a purist – In our house we eat ordinary foods, and organic foods.

I genuinely believe that in many cases organic food tastes far better than the standard fare we find on the shelves in the supermarket. Tastier ingredients can only mean better tasting meals.

Above all – conventional food is really easy to find in Brisbane, so it would be pointless for me to write about finding conventional foods. Sometimes it’s tricky to find variety in organic foods, and I’ve spent a bit of time digging around for places that offer it, so I decided to put some information out for others to use.

It started out with a tub of organic strawberries. I’ve never looked back. If you don’t believe me, seek out some organic strawberries. The taste and smell takes you straight back to stealing strawberries out of the garden when you were five. They taste the way strawberries should taste.

1 comment: